Sunday, May 25, 2008

Welcome Baby Macy!

Macy Rose was born May 21, 2008 at 2:15 pm.
She was a good size baby weighing in at 7 pounds 15 ounces and 20 inches long!
We are very grateful for her arrival and for all the doctors and nurses that helped bring her into this world.



Her delivery was a little rough.
She ended up getting stuck for about four minutes without breathing, which caused respiratory problems and put her into the NICU.
We first heard that she would be in there for a
week, but Macy was determined to come home the same time I did!
Here's one of her first pictures, just so you get an idea of what she looked like upon her arrival...


The nurses and doctors were amazing in the NICU, and they joked that Macy was a "Bionic Baby" since she got better faster than anyone had imagined!

This is a photo of Alex and Macy's first meeting.
Alex was so excited to see her, hold her and kiss her all over. It was so heart melting to hear Alex whispering "Macy, I love you!" especially since it was not prompted from either Phil or me.


No red hair this time, but here are a few pictures to show you that Macy does have a full head of dark brown hair!

Here is a comparison of our daughter's baby pictures...

Alex Macy

Can you tell that Alex and Macy are sisters?

WE ARE THRILLED TO HAVE MACY ROSE DANA HOME!

30 comments:

Melisa said...

Congratulations! She is adorable. I love the green bows. Good to see Alex is such a great big sister already:) Good luck:)

Jane said...

I love her already, what a doll. I am glad you are all home and doing well. We can't wait to hold her. Congrats!!!

Maryann said...

So glad everything turned out well!! I love you already Macy!!!

Candace said...

Congratulations you guys!!!! JJ, told me you had the baby . . .and I knew I could find pictures of her on your blog. She is Beautiful. Congrats!!! We wish we could see her and you guys.
Lots of Love from Guam.

Carrigan Clan said...

Macy's little lips are adorable. What a sweet pea. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Alex met Macy for the first time. I can't even imagine how cute that was.

Carrigan Clan said...

Macy's little lips are adorable. What a sweet pea. I would love to have been a fly on the wall when Alex met Macy for the first time. I can't even imagine how cute that was.

Carrigan Clan said...

I wanted to say it twice.

Brooke said...

Congrats to you and your cute family! Macy is so cute and what an adorable name. Love her hair. Way to go!!! Glad she is finally here in your arms.

Meredith & Company said...

Yay! She's so beautiful! Look at all of that hair! Congratulations! We are so happy for you.

Matt and Tricia said...

Congratulations!! I've been checking your blog every day since Wednesday anxious to see how everything went. What a miracle baby! You have 2 adorable girls...congrats again!

Joe and Marci said...

Good job Des!! She is so beautiful - I can't believe all that hair!!! I'm glad she is able to be home with you now - Alex will be able to show what a great big sister she is.

Congratulations - I can't wait to meet your beautiful new daughter!

Hofhine Fam said...

Des-
Congrats!!! She is beautiful. I am glad to hear things went well, I want to come visit soon I will call you. Let me know if there is anything I can do.

Kati said...

You have two beautiful girls! Congrats!

Sara Atkinson said...

Congrats on your new arrival. She is so sweet.

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

She is so sweet. She does look like Alex, they have the same lips! So glad you are doing so well! Luke and Madison are so excited to have a little cousin their age! It will be fun!

Blacks said...

Congrats Phil, Des, and Alex! I'm so glad Macy's home and is doing well. She's a doll!

Melanie said...

What a cutie! Love all the hair. Congratulations!

Toppy said...

Congrats Phil, Des and Alex. She has the most insaine head of hair. What a cutie.

Toppy said...

Congrats Phil, Des and Alex. She has the most insaine head of hair. What a cutie.

Toppy said...

Congrats Phil, Des and Alex. She has the most insaine head of hair. What a cutie.

Toppy said...

Oops, I guess I wanted to say it twice too.

Matich Family said...

Congrats Des, how exciting! You look great and she is beautiful!

Shumway Family said...

She is so adorable! So good to hear that Macey is doing so well. Hopefully mom is doing okay as well. I love the name choice.

Ben and Ash said...

Congrats Des! She is adorable. You are a lucky woman! I love those green bows!!
xoxo

Dawn said...

Congrats to you all on your new bundle of joy. Jeff & I think the girls baby pictures look like they are twins.

Love the hair and the ponies! She's beautiful and I'm glad Alex thinks she's great too - that's always extra special!

We love you guys!

Debbie Black said...

Phil and Des,
Congratulations! She is adorable and to look at the two pictures you can't tell who is who! I am glad to hear you are doing better.

Brooke said...

Soooo cute!!! Man, I want to hold her...I'm so happy to hear that she is home and doing well!

Seriously, so cute!

Raquel said...

She is so beautiful and I LOVE that name!! She has a ton of hair and I just want to kiss those cheeks! I can't wait to meet her and hold her! See you soon! Love ya!

Us in a paragraph said...

How that crap did you get those bows to stay in her hair?! It never worked out for Bostyn, not even to this day! She is so adorable, congrats from all of us at Dana, we are happy things are good. You look fantastic!!

Katie said...

Macy, I want to bite your cheeks!! Beautiful baby, beautiful name! We heard about your scare yesterday and are praying that you are soon back to the business of just enjoying this sweet little munch!