Fine! I'll answer a "TAG"...thank you Ashlee!
I hope I don't put you to sleep with these exciting answers...
(I did kind of pick and choose which ones to answer. And I
threw in photos to give you something to look at)!
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER?
We've been married 71/2 years, but dated for 2 years prior. So that brings us to
a whopping, but enjoyable 9 1/2 years!

HOW OLD ARE WE?
None of your business!
Only kidding, but really, sharing this makes me feel old!
I am 28 and
Phil is coming on 32!
WHO SAID "I LOVE YOU" FIRST?
Phil did. But I think I felt it the first time I met him.
(Cheesy and very out of character for me, I know)
WHO SINGS BETTER?
That award would go to Phildo! I remember on our first date,
REM was in the CD player. We both love REM, and started
to sing to the song that was on. I didn't think he could get any
cuter, but then I heard his voice and I was sold!
WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY?
Phil is so sweet to do it for me. Our laundry room is on the 3rd floor,
so he refuses to let me do it.
If I ever attempt to get up to do it, he tells me to
"sit down...you're pregnant!"
(Sometimes being pregnant has it's perks)! :)

WHO COOKS DINNER?
Carl's Jr. Pizza Hut. Olympus Burger.
But when we do cook at home it is a joint effort.
WHO ASKED WHO OUT?
This is my favorite story...I'll give you a little background...
I was working up front at Ciruit City. It was one day after graduation, so I was only 18.
I had a (loser) boyfriend of two years at this time.
Well, Phil walked into CC with these amazing bright blue eyes,
and amazing smile.
And I couldn't help but watch him walk all the way around the store.
He bought a phone, and he had to come up front TO ME to get it!
Anyway, we got to talking. Found out that we went to the same high
school, I and I knew his (adorable) sisters. Then here comes Phil's classic line:
"So...is a 22 year old too old for you?"
And my STUPID response:
"Oh, no. My boyfriend is actually 22."
Uh, Des, you're an idiot!
Thankfully, he didn't give up!
"Well, could I get your number and take you out sometime?"
I cooley said:
"Sure..."
But in my mind I was jumping up and down and thinking yes! yes! yes!
So, basically, it was Phil that asked me out! Thank you, Phil!

WHO KISSED WHO FIRST?
Phil. This is another great story!
It was like a scene from a movie, I'm not kidding!
But I think I want to keep this answer to ourselves! :)
WHO PROPOSED?
Phil did. What a wonderful night!
It was late, but still we drove to my house to tell my parents.
My dad was already in bed, but when he came out and we told him,
he just walked up to Phil, grabbed his head, kissed his forehead (which is a
big deal coming from my dad), and said:
"It's about time..."
I can't tell you how much my family loves Phil!
WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS?
This one is a tie! Seven each! (Just a few).

Geez, Ashlee...could there BE anymore questions?!
Joking, of course. But answering this "tag" has made me think back and
realize what a steal my husband is! And how lucky I am that he didn't
give up at my stupid response to him asking me out!
I LOVE YOU, PHIL!
I hope I don't put you to sleep with these exciting answers...
(I did kind of pick and choose which ones to answer. And I
threw in photos to give you something to look at)!
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TOGETHER?
We've been married 71/2 years, but dated for 2 years prior. So that brings us to
a whopping, but enjoyable 9 1/2 years!

HOW OLD ARE WE?
None of your business!
Only kidding, but really, sharing this makes me feel old!
I am 28 and
Phil is coming on 32!
WHO SAID "I LOVE YOU" FIRST?
Phil did. But I think I felt it the first time I met him.
(Cheesy and very out of character for me, I know)
WHO SINGS BETTER?
That award would go to Phildo! I remember on our first date,
REM was in the CD player. We both love REM, and started
to sing to the song that was on. I didn't think he could get any
cuter, but then I heard his voice and I was sold!
WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY?
Phil is so sweet to do it for me. Our laundry room is on the 3rd floor,
so he refuses to let me do it.
If I ever attempt to get up to do it, he tells me to
"sit down...you're pregnant!"
(Sometimes being pregnant has it's perks)! :)

WHO COOKS DINNER?
Carl's Jr. Pizza Hut. Olympus Burger.
But when we do cook at home it is a joint effort.
WHO ASKED WHO OUT?
This is my favorite story...I'll give you a little background...
I was working up front at Ciruit City. It was one day after graduation, so I was only 18.
I had a (loser) boyfriend of two years at this time.
Well, Phil walked into CC with these amazing bright blue eyes,
and amazing smile.
And I couldn't help but watch him walk all the way around the store.
He bought a phone, and he had to come up front TO ME to get it!
Anyway, we got to talking. Found out that we went to the same high
school, I and I knew his (adorable) sisters. Then here comes Phil's classic line:
"So...is a 22 year old too old for you?"
And my STUPID response:
"Oh, no. My boyfriend is actually 22."
Uh, Des, you're an idiot!
Thankfully, he didn't give up!
"Well, could I get your number and take you out sometime?"
I cooley said:
"Sure..."
But in my mind I was jumping up and down and thinking yes! yes! yes!
So, basically, it was Phil that asked me out! Thank you, Phil!

WHO KISSED WHO FIRST?
Phil. This is another great story!
It was like a scene from a movie, I'm not kidding!
But I think I want to keep this answer to ourselves! :)
WHO PROPOSED?
Phil did. What a wonderful night!
It was late, but still we drove to my house to tell my parents.
My dad was already in bed, but when he came out and we told him,
he just walked up to Phil, grabbed his head, kissed his forehead (which is a
big deal coming from my dad), and said:
"It's about time..."
I can't tell you how much my family loves Phil!
WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS?
This one is a tie! Seven each! (Just a few).
Geez, Ashlee...could there BE anymore questions?!
Joking, of course. But answering this "tag" has made me think back and
realize what a steal my husband is! And how lucky I am that he didn't
give up at my stupid response to him asking me out!
I LOVE YOU, PHIL!
9 comments:
I can't believe you've known each other for close to 10 years! I love the story of how you met. I swear, 18 year old girls couldn't be any more awkward! I'm totally embarrassed as I think back to those days in my life.
Anyway, you guys are adorable together...love you.
You guys are so cute together and great examples! You do have a great husband!
Phildo? Phil, you let her get away with this? I must say though, I gotta give you points for creativity, and I call my husband "husballah" so I guess I can't say much. This is Melanie (Tooke) Bohn, btw -- back from the good ol' Raintree days. I check in every once in a while. Glad to see you're doing well!
Phil is definitely the coolest dude ever. Especially in his new shoes!
Take it from his mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But he's also lucky to have the best wife ever!
See Des, aren't you glad that I have given you this opportunity to reflect on your love for Phil?? Wow, you really owe me! And yes, I do have more questions to ask you about your relationship but I will save it for another time. :) This is random, but I talked to Angie Simpson on the phone today. Guess what??? You are so lucky! She is trying to get a hold of you so that you can plan the reunion. Email her at chscolts98@gmail.com. There, now I have done my part!
xoxo
Thanks for humoring me with the TAG!
I love Phil.
So fun to read, I'd forgotten some of those stories! What a cute couple!
Let's a take a moment for Phil.....I am smiling. Love you guys!
That was fun to read, although I am not sure why I never answer those tags! Cute stuff, love the pictures of Alex in the tutu and the footed pj's. That is so cute!
Post a Comment