Saturday, November 17, 2007

Mmmm, Jam....


Who doesn't LOVE homemade jam?! My grandma makes every kind of jam you can think of. I love going to her house because I get to sample all of them! I would always tell her how much I need her jam. So every year for the past seven years, my grandma is more than generous and sweet, takes my order and picks me fresh strawberries from a nearby farm in Rupert, Idaho, where she lives. But it doesn't stop at just picking the fruit for me, but she cleans them, removes any leaves, mashes them and puts them in jars and freezes them until I see her next! So basically, I just add the sugar with the pectin and put it in jars. But, I think I am spoiled because now I have a hard time eating any store bought jam! Oh, well, I'm prepared to make jam forever, if that's what it takes!

Thanks again, I love you Grandma!

2 comments:

Perry's said...

I am glad you found my blog on Raquel's, evem though I don't know you now I kind of do thru your blog. Your blog is way cute! Raquel is the best girl ever I am so glad she is here to keep me company in Ohio since our husbands have decided to abandon us, I don't know what I'd do without her! Nice to meet you (sort of)

nicole said...

Oh I love homemade jam! What a sweet grandma you have Des!