Saturday, November 17, 2007

Me...Domestic? Nah!

Last year for Christmas Phil bought me a sewing machine. Unfortunately, this is my first and ONLY project. But I felt so proud of myself! (Sad, I know)! You are probably asking yourself what is it? Well, it is the most handy, and useful gift you could get. My friend made one for me when I had Alex and I still use it to this day! It's a bath mat and towel set with a few wash cloths. When they are infants, the mat is nice and soft for them to lay on, and when they get older they can use it as a mat on the floor.

My friend Masha is due with a baby girl on 31st of December and so I attempted to make it. When I finished it, I just felt a boost of confidence! And now I just keep thinking what can I TRY (keyword) next?! Of course Phil is now quick to ask for repairs on some of his clothing....but no worries, cus I can do it! I know this doesn't instantly make me "domestic" but now I feel one step closer!

Oh, yeah, I need to thank my mom for her patience and help-she is the master seamstress! One day I'd like to be able to sew like her!
Thanks again Mom, I love you!

3 comments:

Ty and Masha said...

Des, I have three orders of this bath mat from my friends...... it's the bomb!!!!!!!! Oh, and they all want to be your friend too, cause they said you were AWESOME!!

Raquel said...

Wow Des, I am impressed! I just browned hamburger by myself instead of making Chase because it's gross. Does that make me domestic? You are a great example of a domestic goddess!

nicole said...

John got me a sewing machine last year for Christmas too! I could only ever hope to make something half as lovely as this.
Great job!