Friday, November 30, 2007

Melts My Heart

The best experience happened to me last night, and I needed to share it. Alex is a little sick with a not-so-fun cold, and I know that doesn't sound so good for her, but it created a wonderful mother-daughter moment. She was having a hard time sleeping and kept waking up. Phil and I took turns going into her room to comfort her, but I can't tell you how good it feels to have your little "Daddy's Girl" in her daddy's arms crying for Mommy. Phil brought her into our bed and she immediately stopped crying and cuddled up to me. If anyone knows Alex, she is NOT a snuggler of any kind, so this is a big deal. It was the best moment up to date, to be able to hold my wild-all over the place two year old close and feel like I am creating comfort.


3 comments:

Carrigan Clan said...

I love that. You are such a good mom. That little Alex melts me too.

nicole said...

I am so jealous. I can't even imagine Ruby (a daddy's girl through and through), sitting in John's lap, while crying for me. I guess all hope is not lost :)

Meredith & Company said...

Des!

I can't believe I found your blog. This is Meredith from the First Security days! And, do you want to know something crazy? I have an Alex, too! HE's 4, but that is so nuts! Your little munchkin is a cutie! I'm so excited that I found you. Say hi to Phil for me! My blog is http://meredithandco.blogspot.com and my email is msagermcnett@yahoo.com. Good luck with the sick little one. That's never fun.

Meredith