This isn't a very exciting post, but I wanted to write it down so that I could always remember tonight.
First of all, I feel like the worst mother in the world for sending my four year old to bed without dinner.
Mean. I know.
But in my defense, I gave her over an hour to eat her dinner and she just wouldn't eat. I knew she was hungry because all day I heard, "Mom I'm hungry!" every five minutes, but when given food, she won't eat.
So...Mean Mom comes out.
Mean Mom stands her ground.
And Alex is in bed at six o'clock.
With nothing in her tummy but cough syrup and water.
I think right now I'm just looking for support...from anyone. Make me feel better about attempting to teach her a lesson....anyone?
Alright. Moving on.
After that fiasco I was planning on working on a bunch of projects, but instead found myself on the floor acting like a monkey because it makes Macy laugh so hard that she snorts. I can't pass that up.
Macy and I played for over an hour and Macy shared with me her vocabulary:
Momma
Dadda
Al-uk (Alex. Head nod included.)
Nana
Geee(Gene)
Mam ma (grandma)
Peease (please)
Cheeeeese
Peed-a-boo
Baybeee
Gees (Jesus)
Gank you
Babaa (bottle)
Ball
Bag
And the list could go on. But I'm sure you get the idea.
It's so cute to see her tell you what animals say (or do...my favorite is the fish) and show you all the parts of her body. And today she bonked her head pretty good, and once she was done crying she kept pointing to the sore and saying "owie" with a huge smile on her face.
I love how tears sit on the top of her cheeks after she is done crying.
I love how easy going she is.
And how curious she is.
And I'm so glad she can finally walk! Hello? 18 months, it's about time sweetie!
Oh, and that she finally has eight teeth. Yay, she can chew!
I could go on and on about my baby, but I've got a sink full of dishes calling my name. I'm trying to ignore them, but I've been doing that for a few days already. Hey. We've been sick with the Swine Flu.
Give me a break.
But oh, I love my Spitfire (Alex) and Macy Moo.
First of all, I feel like the worst mother in the world for sending my four year old to bed without dinner.
Mean. I know.
But in my defense, I gave her over an hour to eat her dinner and she just wouldn't eat. I knew she was hungry because all day I heard, "Mom I'm hungry!" every five minutes, but when given food, she won't eat.
So...Mean Mom comes out.
Mean Mom stands her ground.
And Alex is in bed at six o'clock.
With nothing in her tummy but cough syrup and water.
I think right now I'm just looking for support...from anyone. Make me feel better about attempting to teach her a lesson....anyone?
Alright. Moving on.
After that fiasco I was planning on working on a bunch of projects, but instead found myself on the floor acting like a monkey because it makes Macy laugh so hard that she snorts. I can't pass that up.
Macy and I played for over an hour and Macy shared with me her vocabulary:
Momma
Dadda
Al-uk (Alex. Head nod included.)
Nana
Geee(Gene)
Mam ma (grandma)
Peease (please)
Cheeeeese
Peed-a-boo
Baybeee
Gees (Jesus)
Gank you
Babaa (bottle)
Ball
Bag
And the list could go on. But I'm sure you get the idea.
It's so cute to see her tell you what animals say (or do...my favorite is the fish) and show you all the parts of her body. And today she bonked her head pretty good, and once she was done crying she kept pointing to the sore and saying "owie" with a huge smile on her face.
I love how tears sit on the top of her cheeks after she is done crying.
I love how easy going she is.
And how curious she is.
And I'm so glad she can finally walk! Hello? 18 months, it's about time sweetie!
Oh, and that she finally has eight teeth. Yay, she can chew!
I could go on and on about my baby, but I've got a sink full of dishes calling my name. I'm trying to ignore them, but I've been doing that for a few days already. Hey. We've been sick with the Swine Flu.
Give me a break.
But oh, I love my Spitfire (Alex) and Macy Moo.
7 comments:
Well I'm no expert, but anyone who sets aside her projects and her dishes to act like a monkey for her toddler sounds like a pretty amazing mother to me.
I agree with the comment your friend Katie left! Very cute!
You're a great mom, with great kids. Can't wait to see you today!
Yesterday morning I put Petra in timeout after she's been awake for only 10 min for behaving like a total brat. What a nice way to start the day. I'm with you in the Mean Mom club!!!
We have on more that one occasion sent our Isaac to bed without food. It is hard not to feel bad, but if it gets them to eat later without whining or making a fuss....I am all for it. Hope you all feel better.
Des,
Nana had to be MEAN NANA to Alex last night. We were having our dinner (chicken nuggets, and applesauce, I know, not the best but we were in a hurry to get to the movie) and Alex said she wanted her treat that we were taking to the movie." NOPE," I said, "no one gets to take the treat with them if they don't finish dinner". She threw a fit. Max and Carter ate there food and Gene and I gave them their treats and loaded them in the car. I came to get Alex and put her in the car without a treat, and it worked, she had eaten all her dinner!!!
Good for you too for holding your ground!
By the way, I miss my Macy Rose.
I want to eat Macy's cheeks.
Hey! Maybe that is what you should have fed Alex for dinner. I bet she would have eaten those without a fuss.
You are no mean mom. Mmmkay?
Post a Comment