I recently purchased a Recycle T-Shirt to Skirt/Skort pattern from Lil Boo Blue. At an awesome price, I might add....
But I finished it in one morning...and since I just barely picked up sewing, I feel pretty proud of myself!
I didn't make mine from a t-shirt because unfortunately we made a D.I. run before I got into this recycling clothing kick, but I did have some knit fabric lying around. And it worked out really well.

This is the first project that I've sewn with knit mostly because I was scared to try, I've always heard what a pain it is, but those worries were soon put to rest.
FYI (if you're interested) I LOVE KNIT now since there is no need to hem ANYTHING!
Here's my baby in her new skorts in the best photo possible!
(And don't mind the mess behind her, it's just my paper stuff that I've had NO interest in since I pulled out my sewing machine!)

But look how short that shirt is! Can you say homeless?
No, really she's been growing. We went to the doctor yesterday and she is getting taller, but her weight and height are still in the fifth percentile. She's a pretty small 15 month old, I guess.
Moving on....
But I finished it in one morning...and since I just barely picked up sewing, I feel pretty proud of myself!
I didn't make mine from a t-shirt because unfortunately we made a D.I. run before I got into this recycling clothing kick, but I did have some knit fabric lying around. And it worked out really well.
This is the first project that I've sewn with knit mostly because I was scared to try, I've always heard what a pain it is, but those worries were soon put to rest.
FYI (if you're interested) I LOVE KNIT now since there is no need to hem ANYTHING!
Here's my baby in her new skorts in the best photo possible!
(And don't mind the mess behind her, it's just my paper stuff that I've had NO interest in since I pulled out my sewing machine!)
But look how short that shirt is! Can you say homeless?
No, really she's been growing. We went to the doctor yesterday and she is getting taller, but her weight and height are still in the fifth percentile. She's a pretty small 15 month old, I guess.
Moving on....
Like a typical 3 (almost 4 year old!!!! Ah! She's getting so big!) Alex gets stains everywhere on her clothes, but all over the web world I have seen so many different versions of a shirt dress.
But here's my version.
It turned out a lot bigger than expected, but at least it's very comfortable and she will be able to wear it next year!
I apologize that this "family" blog has recently turned into a sewing blog, but my sewing projects are the most exciting thing happening around here!
Oh.
Alex starts preschool on Tuesday!
Yay!
She is so so so excited....and maybe I am too!
7 comments:
Wow Des - you are really whipping out some fun designs!
I'm excited for Alex. Preschool- here she comes!
I am in awe of your sewing prowess!! If I'm nice, will you show me how you did the skort? Please?
BTW, I love the fabric on Alex's dress!!
So adorable. You are really making me want to get into sewing!!
And to know what knit means...what?
STOP IT!
Seriously, I want to be a sewing maniac now. That would be funny to make all of Branigan's clothes.
SOOO cute!! Seriously, what I wouldn't give to have your skills...
Your sewing skills are amazing. Macy looks SO cute.
Wow I am so impressed. Can you teach me how to sew? I get scared..nerd I know. Very cute and styling!!
Post a Comment