Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Two Year Anniversary!


Two years ago today, I was bald. Well, half bald, thanks to my successful brain surgery.
I remember driving to the hospital for my surgery appointment, and asking Phil when he thought my hair would grow back. He guessed it would take about a year. A WHOLE YEAR?! That seemed forever away, but here I am two years and six hair cuts later, still not believing I even went thru such a major procedure. And I know that it's because of strong faith, prayers and blessings from family and friends that everything turned out perfect.

For further details you can check out this page on my blog.
(Scroll about half way down.)

9 comments:

Ben and Ash said...

WOW!!

...and I thought it was a big deal when I had to have 10 stiches in my thumb.

Maryann said...

SO glad everything went well and that your hair is more beautiful than ever! :)

I must say though, you REALLY pulled off the bandana look!

Matt and Tricia said...

I agree! No one has looked better in a bandana. With or without hair, you always look great! Seriously though, I'm glad it went well.

Julie Knowlton said...

Remember when Skyler said you looked like a Lamanite or something? Bless his kind heart.

You looked beautiful, jerk.

Des said...

Yeah, Julie, it went like this:
Skyler: "Ahh! Cool, Des, you look like a Samurai! Awesome."

Yeah, Sky that WAS awesome.

Carrigan Clan said...

You are my HERO!!!

Raquel said...

It's true...you are beautiful no matter what! Love ya!

Dawn said...

You're fabulous BFF! Congrats on 2 years. I personally love bangs!

Toppy said...

What a brave thing for you to go through such a major surgery. Not that it was a question of what was best for you, but I still don't know if I would have the guts to do it.