Monday, August 11, 2008

Balloon Fest

Last Saturday we went to the Sandy City Balloon Festival. They usually have about 10-15 hot air balloons launched in the morning and then at night they line them all up and make them glow by blowing them full of propane.
But unfortunately this year this was the only balloon that braved the rain and wind.
It was actually more entertaining than we expected, when the wind increased the balloon started blowing all over the place. There were 10 or more people trying to keep it down by using heavy cords and running back and forth and shouting out orders. We got a really good laugh, which made going worth it! Maybe next year Alex will be able to see the giant pig!

Here are some pictures from last year, to show you how cool it usually is:




2 comments:

Dawn said...

We went last year - way early in the morning. It was so much fun!

Congrats! I'll deliver the goods to you on Friday when you come over!

Carrigan Clan said...

DANG! I wanted to go to that but I forgot.