It's okay to call me lame, I kind of feel that way this Easter. But I like to think that since Easter came upon us so fast this year is the reason for not getting anything planned!
(Not to mention being 209 days pregnant, my crazy work situation, and also having a missing husband due to his busy, but promising new job)!
Let me just explain a little. About 11:48 p.m. on Saturday March 21st, I'm laying in bed and all of a sudden remember that Easter is going to be the next day, and do I have anything ready for Alex? The answer was NO! Ah, nuts!
I quickly grab my phone, to call Phil, (did I not tell you that he is missing lately?) and I ask him to just stop by the store and grab a basket and some candy for Alex. Wow, talk about LAST minute! And talk about a slacker mom!
But being the wonderful father and husband that Phil is, he totally saved the day! He was able to find a completely loaded basket not only with candy, but a ton of princess dress ups for Alex! The best part is that he got it for super cheap, since they already had Easter items on clearance! Yay, Phil...or should I say Easter Bunny!!!!!!
(Not to mention being 209 days pregnant, my crazy work situation, and also having a missing husband due to his busy, but promising new job)!
Let me just explain a little. About 11:48 p.m. on Saturday March 21st, I'm laying in bed and all of a sudden remember that Easter is going to be the next day, and do I have anything ready for Alex? The answer was NO! Ah, nuts!
I quickly grab my phone, to call Phil, (did I not tell you that he is missing lately?) and I ask him to just stop by the store and grab a basket and some candy for Alex. Wow, talk about LAST minute! And talk about a slacker mom!
But being the wonderful father and husband that Phil is, he totally saved the day! He was able to find a completely loaded basket not only with candy, but a ton of princess dress ups for Alex! The best part is that he got it for super cheap, since they already had Easter items on clearance! Yay, Phil...or should I say Easter Bunny!!!!!!
I couldn't agree more!
We later attempted dying eggs. A word of advice...NEVER get the "tie dye" kit. You will never be able to the dye off of your hands. And it cracks me up to think Phil taught his young men's class that day with pink fingers and hands! Very manly, Phil.
I guess all in all the day wasn't a total disaster and I have Phil to thank for that! Really appreciate ya, babe!
7 comments:
Way to go Phil/Easter Bunny! I'm glad he was able to find some good stuff because she looks absolutely adorable in her princess clothes! I can't wait to meet the little swimmer, could June come faster please?
Alex is darling!
She is such a cute princess! Props to Phil.
Talk about DECKED OUT! I love the close up of her in her tiara - you should blow it up and put it on her bedroom wall.
Alex is so freakin cute, but when do I get to see pictures of your cute baby bump???:)
Way to go Phil!
We have switched our blog to private...would you mind e-mailing me your e-mail address so I can add you to my invite list? Thanks
wolfgrammfamily@gmail.com
Very cute, glad you made it in time!
Post a Comment