Saturday, December 8, 2007

Once There Was A Snowman!

Today, Phil, Alex and I went out to play in the freshly fallen snow. This is something I haven't done in a very long time, and once again, it's all thanks to Alex! I just think that she makes everything so much more fun! We had such a great time building a snowman and "snow chairs", shoveling the walks,throwing snowballs and eating the snow! This is actually the first winter that Alex has experienced playing in the snow, and kept cracking me up watching her "try" to walk in the heavy snow!



Alex is so proud of her new snow suit. It is a little large on her, and she reminds me of Ralphie's little brother on The Christmas Story, since she struggled getting up out of the waist-deep snow!



We finally just made her a custom "snow chair", which she thought was just the neatest thing ever!



Out of all the things we did today, I think her favorite was eating the snow. We asked her what her snow tasted like, and she gave us a list of things: ice cream, apple juice, and my favorite...a candy bar! What an imagination! We had such a fun time playing in the snow together, and I am so grateful to have an active daughter that helps me remember how fun it is to be a kid again!

4 comments:

Diane said...

WOW! What an incredible snowman! And the pictures of Alex are adorable!
Isn't it amazing how having little children helps you take time to enjoying what is all around you.
I LOVE your blog! It helps me stay "updated" if I don't talk with you every day. Thanks for doing such a great job - with the blog AND especially with Alex!!!!!
LOVE YOU TONS!

Shumway Family said...

It is so much fun to play in the snow. I am so jealous you guys made a snowman. Our family has been sick so we have had to stay inside. Hopefully this next storm we can maybe get out.

Anonymous said...

Alex is so stinking cute! That looks like lots of fun. And your template is darling!

Carrigan Clan said...

Can I just say...I have very cool brothers!