Tuesday, June 9, 2009

11 Years Ago Today....

...I had just graduated high school and I worked the front desk at Circuit City. I saw everyone that walked in and out of those front doors. Especially Phil. When Phil walked in, I couldn't help but stare at him. The whole time.
Luckily he had to come to the front desk (where I worked) to pick up the phone he had just bought, so we could begin flirting with each other. He asked how old I was, what school I had graduated from and all the basic flirting.
But my favorite question he asked was: "Is a 22 year old is too old for you?"
Instead of me just saying no and leaving it at that, I decided to say:
"No. My boyfriend is actually 22."
Smart, huh?
I don't know what I was thinking! But Phil acted out of character and asked me out anyway. Boy, was I lucky!
(look how young we were! this was us 3 months into dating.)

After I came home from our first date, I dramatically fell against the door and slid all the way to the floor, just thinking I had met the perfect guy. My mom must have felt the same way, since she brought the phone to me so that I could call and dump my "boyfriend" for this new wonderful guy that I had just met. I did not hesitate and 11 years later, I'm relieved and thankful that Phil needed to buy a phone at my Circuit City.

I love you babe. Thanks for the best 11 years of my life.

11 comments:

Ty and Masha said...

What? 11 years? That's insane. You guys look so young, it's an awesome picture. Congrats!!!

Raquel said...

Ahh, that's such a sweet story! You guys are adorable!

Joe and Marci said...

You guys are totally MFEO :) That's a great pic.

By the way, I smocked today and thought of you.

Diane said...

WE are all so glad he asked you out do DES!
Love ya!

Julie Knowlton said...

I can't believe it has been 11 years! Phil was as giddy as a school girl. Thank you for making him so happy. :)

Sarah said...

Holy Cow!! Time sure flies huh? Congrats!

Windy said...

holy cow 11 years flies by. That is such a cute cute picture!

Carrigan Clan said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I can't believe it's been 11 years!!! We love you guys!

Toppy said...

That is so sweet, and could you guys be any more tan??????

Katie said...

I LOVE this post. Love the way you tell the story!

Eugene Powell Till said...

made tears come to my eyes just reading your account... super couple... love you both...g