Friday, August 17 marked one year since I had my brain surgery!
The doctors told me that they wouldn't be shaving much hair, but apparently I didn't understand the definition of "much".
I had no idea of the amount of hair that was taken since I didn't have a mirror and did not want to touch incision (it just freaked me out), but my wonderful brother came to see me at the hospital and the first thing he said was, "Cool! You look like a Samurai!"
Unfortunately it was the truth, I was bald! But I had to keep reminding myself that thanks to the surgery (and thanks to the shaving) my seizures would decrease!
The doctors told me that they wouldn't be shaving much hair, but apparently I didn't understand the definition of "much".
I had no idea of the amount of hair that was taken since I didn't have a mirror and did not want to touch incision (it just freaked me out), but my wonderful brother came to see me at the hospital and the first thing he said was, "Cool! You look like a Samurai!"
Unfortunately it was the truth, I was bald! But I had to keep reminding myself that thanks to the surgery (and thanks to the shaving) my seizures would decrease!
My recovery was easy. I was just required to rest and walk a lot. I felt great and I didn't even get a chance to take the Lortab! At my one month check up, the doctor looked at my x-ray. He told me that the area they removed was filling with liquid. Apparently that is a good thing.
I went back to work 4 weeks later.
All I can say is that I am grateful headbands were in style at this time!
I went back to work 4 weeks later.
All I can say is that I am grateful headbands were in style at this time!
I have actually enjoyed my bangs. It's like a new style...I guess you could call it a $10,000 hair cut!
I just can't believe the incredible support and love I have gotten from my family! They immediately stepped up to help take care of Alex. Thank you! I know I have the BEST family ever!
Phil was especially helpful and loving! Even though he doesn't let me use the excuse "I just had brain surgery..." to get out of doing anything anymore! Oh, well, I am just glad everything went as well as it did!
I just can't believe the incredible support and love I have gotten from my family! They immediately stepped up to help take care of Alex. Thank you! I know I have the BEST family ever!
Phil was especially helpful and loving! Even though he doesn't let me use the excuse "I just had brain surgery..." to get out of doing anything anymore! Oh, well, I am just glad everything went as well as it did!
1 comment:
Wow! Des, that was so interesting to read about...and really, I can't believe it's already been a year! You are one beautiful Samurai! I love your bangs too. Who would've ever known you had your head shaved just a year ago? You look great! Little Alex is adorable, and just growin' like a weed. What a cute blog you have! Send our love to Phil and the family.
Post a Comment